February 2022 | Alliance for Cultural and Ethnic Harmony
This month, Frances Jaye is investing in The Alliance of Cultural and Ethnic Harmony. We will be donating 2% of February's sales to support ACEH's mission to promote unity, justice, equal opportunity, ethnic awareness, cross-cultural understanding & appreciation for diversity in our community.
Founded in January 1999, the Alliance for Cultural and Ethnic Harmony, ACEH, is a non-profit, non-partisan, grass-roots group of ethnically diverse people from Holland and nearby areas. ACEH is a friendly organization that welcomes all people and works to create the feeling that our communities belong to everyone.
What Does ACEH Do?
- Holds monthly public meetings to talk about local and national justice and diversity issues, listen to speakers from different ethnic groups, and take part in "walk in my shoes" cross-cultural exercises.
- Provides a safe and respectful place to share experiences of prejudice and racism and to work on solutions.
- Works with ethnic and civic groups on projects to foster an inclusive community, including the Lakeshore Area Summit on Racism.
- Offers resources of ideas, speakers, materials and diversity training to schools, businesses, clubs, and religious organizations.
- Supports public efforts to oppose discrimination, racism, and violence.
Current Topics of Importance in Our Community
Racial Disparities in Healthcare
ACEH has put together this vital series with The Holland Museum to discuss the importance of having accurate and unbiased information regarding the current global pandemic. Learn more about the series here.
Affordable Housing in Holland
The Board of the ACEH continues to support the addition of affordable housing stock to our city and neighboring communities. Through the support of the work of Housing Next and its vision of adding smart density to our neighborhoods, ACEH continues to support collaboration and creativity as the community continues to grows.
Microagressions in the Community
ACEH believes it is important for every person and business to recognize their personal biases and how it affects their decisions, thought-process, and overall mindset. Through their work with Alan Headbloom, ACEH has been able to shed light in the Holland community through bias work with Cross-Cultural Communication coaching and seminars.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ALLIANCE OF CULTURAL AND ETHNIC HARMONY BY VISITING THEIR WEBSITE at http://www.harmonyalliance.org, VIEW UPCOMING EVENTS & SIGN UP FOR THEIR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER HERE.